Meet the 2018-2019 Team
Horizon PTA Executive Board:
Horizon PTA Committee Chairs:
President: Samantha Bowman
Vice President: Kim Wells
Vice President: Sara Sas
Treasurer: Caitlin Strub
Secretary: Aimee Brock
Membership Chair: Kim Wells
Art Docent & Reflections Program Chair: Lindsey Shumway
Volunteer Chair: Jessica Morgan
Watch D.O.G.S. Chairs: Lynn Strub & Paul Hett
Book Fair Chair: Caitlin Strub
PTA Mission and Values
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.