Meet the 2019-2020 Leadership Team
Horizon PTA Executive Board:
President: Kim Wells
Vice President: Sara Sas
Vice President: Caitlin Strub
Secretary: Aimee Brock
Treasurer: OPEN (Interim: Sara Sas)
Horizon PTA Committee Chairs:
Membership: Sara Sas
Fundraising: Kim Wells
Newsletter: Scott Andersen
Art Docent: Lindsey Shumway and Caitlin Strub
Spirit Wear: Kim Wells and Sara Sas
Halloween Dance: Kelsey Mitchell and Sara Sas
Holiday Shop: Sara Sas
Book Fair: Caitlin Strub
At this time, the Treasurer position for 2019-2020 is open. If you are interested in this position, please email Kim Wells - email@example.com - for more information. Due to the money handling and sensitive nature of this position, all nominees must be properly vetted and in good standing with Horizon PTA and Horizon Elementary. Training and support are available for this position - we would LOVE to have you on our board!
2019-2020 PTA Executive Board from left to right: Sara Sas, Kim Wells, Aimee Brock, Caitlin Strub
PTA Mission and Values
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.